- 315 - IT Support Services
- Kanab, UT, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food.
Reports to: IT Services Manager
Location: Kanab, Utah
All staff in Information Technology Services – regardless of their unique position - are expected to perform their assigned duties in a manner consistent with professional standards, with full awareness of responsibilities toward managing personal and organizational data, with priority regard to delivering customer service, as leaders in learning and adapting to new technologies and in constructive and effective collaboration with colleagues.
Position Summary: Assists end users in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and email communication as well as addressing assigned tickets. Diagnoses problems and performs troubleshooting activities, documents, tracks and monitors the problem as an incident or service ticket to facilitate a timely resolution. Escalates to senior personnel or supervisor when needed. Supports desktop hardware, software and peripherals in a Mac and Windows environment. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
50/Help Desk Support: Provides Level I support to resolve incidents and complete service requests. This includes installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and upgrading computer hardware, software, computers, and peripheral equipment. Receives, assigns, prioritizes, documents and actively resolves end user requests. Assists in the use of standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management; provides instruction or written documentation where required. Interfaces with users via phone, email and in person.
50/Desktop Support: Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business packages and images. Installs, assembles and configures computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals, servers, monitors, cables, and printers in a Mac and Windows environment.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, databases and presentation software. (MS Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and using online information systems.
- Knowledge in rebuilding workstations (Hardware and Software) and all aspects of troubleshooting computer systems.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business. May require travel via various forms of public transportation and overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday, and evening hours as needed in addition to normal business hours.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!