- 256- The Learning Experience
- Kanab, UT, USA
- Part Time
Pro-rated PTO and 401K
Due to the part-time status of this position, we are only considering local candidates.
Location: Kanab, Utah
Position Summary: People come from all over the world every year to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary to engage with our animals and staff and learn more about our life saving work. The Learning Experience (TLE) Group Coordinator (on-call) is responsible for providing a meaningful and rewarding experience at the Sanctuary for the TLE groups. This person is positive, enthusiastic and understands the importance of building a strong relationship with all participants while creating a seamless intersection with daily life at the sanctuary. The Group Coordinator (on-call) must possess good organizational and excellent customer handling skills so that all participants leave educated and inspired to return home to their communities and continue the lifesaving work, which supports the Best Friends' Mission to Save Them All. This is an on-call position with variable, flexible hours based on schedule of visiting groups and coordinator availability.
- Execute the day of logistics for visiting groups:
- Follow a pre-established group schedule.
- Coordinate the daily setup of equipment for presentations as needed and greet the speaker and introduce if appropriate.
- Handle coordination and communications of daily schedule with group leaders.
- Report actual participant count and schedule variations on the monthly log.
- Ensure group participants' satisfaction and safety.
- Complete an online group sign off survey for each group.
- Communicate effectively and amicably with all personnel and visitors at the Sanctuary.
- Must be able to work with and provide excellent customer service to groups from a variety of demographics such as: seniors, college students, residential treatment program participants, church and scout groups and young children.
- Be knowledgeable and informed regarding current trends in and materials about animal welfare. Share information with assigned group where appropriate.
- Maintain Staff Availability calendar
- Maintain Best Friends email account, responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Attend bi-monthly TLE Group Coordinator meetings.
- Attend bi-monthly VVE Divisional meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal person for this position needs to be a team player, resourceful and proactive and exhibit a positive outlook. They should be professional, upbeat and energetic and have strong interpersonal skills that include tact and diplomacy as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations appropriately.
- Must be able to professionally advocate Best Friends' positions on animal welfare issues and be well informed on all aspects of animal welfare both in and outside of Best Friends.
- Written and verbal correspondence must be of a professional standard.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Valid Driver's License with no citations in the last 3 years. Must have access to transportation.
- Ability to work in a team (team player) and good interpersonal skills (ability to communicate with various personalities).
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to solve problems independently.
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and have the physical ability to perform strenuous manual labor.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (i.e., weekends, evenings, early mornings).
- Must be able to work around allergens like hay, dust, and animal fur.
- Must be able to effectively interact with and handle most animals.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!