Position Title: Kids' Camp Counselor (seasonal, part-time)
Location: Kanab, Utah
Reports to: On Site Learning Coordinator, The Learning Experience
Want to make an impact on children's lives this summer? Engage kids with fun activities that teach them how to respect, enjoy and interact safely with animals.
Position Summary: The Kids' Camp Counselor will develop a safe and creative learning environment for Best Friends campers, ages 6-9. This day camp will encompass a wide range of animal welfare related activities ranging from toy making to hands on opportunities to engage with the animals, providing a memorable on-site experience for the young campers. This person will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing all activities associated with the day camp experience as well as providing supervision of the children in his or her care. The Kids' Camp Counselor must be mature, fun loving, and organized with a keen eye for detail and serious attention towards the safety of camp participants. It's a small class size with a maximum of 8 kids per day so it's a wonderful opportunity to share your love of animals with kids.
- Plan, organize, and implement activities and educational sessions for Best Friends campers.
- Ensure all administrative duties, including registration, application process, scheduling, transportation, and identification of camp locations are completed.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of all Best Friends campers.
- Train with animal area staff to learn each species in order to plan animal area activities for campers.
- Identify and secure locations for daily camp experience.
- Facilitate all activities with the campers, including the animal area tours.
- Supervise and provide direction to local volunteers who will be assisting with camp.
- Inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must be able to drive a 15 passenger van
- Experience working with young children is strongly preferred
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' mission and position on issues.
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to engage in physical activities such as running, jumping,, etc. up to 4 hours per day
Note: Due to the nature of this position, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!