- 553- Los Angeles Outreach
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401k and Staff Discounts.
Location: Mission Hills Pet Adoption Center (PAC), Los Angeles
Position Summary: The Adoption specialist is responsible for promoting, coordinating, and facilitating mobile and on-site pet adoptions.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the complete adoption process and foster care process in accordance with all policies and procedures of Best Friends Animal Society, and deliver quality customer service, including assisting all clients with finding appropriate pets by facilitating introductions to appropriate animals and disseminating appropriate information. This also includes but is not limited to: surveys, agreements, pet to pet meets, counseling, medical records, health certificates, follow-ups, written correspondence, emails, and phone calls.
- Providing high quality customer service to people who visit or call Best Friends Animal Society as well as resolving problems and addressing any client dissatisfaction
- Utilize database and enter information and update files as required.
- Interact with caregivers, trainers and management on a regular basis to learn the specific details about each animal to make the right match for a new home.
- Keeping animal records current with information which will help place them into homes, foster homes or to rescue including entering medical examinations and behavior notes in Petpoint as needed.
- Utilize shelter management software to effectively and efficiently track animals coming to and going from the shelter and update files as required.
- Oversee and working with volunteers: assigning work, providing training, answering questions, promoting Best Friends mission, and assisting with their needs.
- Provide monthly adoption reports.
- Maintain a daily animal inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically demonstrate flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Knowledgeable of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' mission and position on issues.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn google calendar, docs, PetPoint and email and ADP.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time to include repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, etc...
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: includes weekends, night, and holiday work
- Spend an extended period of time outdoors in all weather, including extreme heat and cold.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!