Position Summary: Performs routine manual tasks to maintain cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance inside and outside of Cottages and Cabins, the Welcome Center, The Lakehouse, Angel Village and various Office Buildings.
- Participate is ALL housekeeping-related tasks at any given time including clean and service assigned areas to include, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, wash windows and walls, dust, vacuuming, do laundry, trash removal, and scrubbing various buildings on a regular schedule.
- Keep restrooms and cottages stocked with toiletries and supplies, and report maintenance needs. Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies, paper products, and other provisions.
- Interact with our guests, answering questions and assisting guests with their needs. Be sensitive to any comments by guests for necessary improvements, also reporting those.
- Maintain laundry so items are always available in the storeroom and in the Welcome Center. Keep the laundry room clean and stocked.
- Bring any issues immediately to Hospitality Services Manager's attention.
- Keep abreast of BFAS current news by checking personal email daily. Basic computer skills required.
- Engage in a safe, healthy, and positive work environment.
- Assist other team members with their work.
- Identify improvement to tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by Hospitality Services Manager.
Education: High School diploma.
Experience: None needed; will train the proper person.
- Outgoing positive personality and communication skills. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, and able to get along well with a wide variety of people.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexible and enjoys handling a variety of tasks.
- Previous related experience preferable, but will train the right person.
- Must have a valid driver's license and qualify for BFAS insurance.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Demonstrates personal accountability to ensure that all responsibilities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Accurate, appropriate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening skills.
- Basic computer skills required. Must be able to use email and navigate pdf, word, and excel documents. Also need to be able to complete forms, save, and send as attachments to emails.
- Able and willing to professionally advocate Best Friends position on issues.
- Must be willing to cross-train in kitchen department.
- Must be willing to obtain and pass food safety permit before work can begin.
- Must be able to attain food handler's permit.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work out of doors in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical conditio
Sign Up For Job Alerts!