- 117- Major Gifts
- Kanab, UT, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food.
Position Title: Development Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Manager of Prospect Development
Location: Kanab, UT
Position Summary: Provide administrative support to the Sr. Director of Development, Director of Major Gifts, Director of Principal Gifts as well as the members of the Major Gifts team, who mostly live and work off-site. Support needed includes scheduling, financial reconciliation of expenses, assisting with donor correspondence, team logistics, and database management. Primary focus is to support the Major Gifts team to enhance donor relationships and maximized revenue for Best Friends Animal Society.
- Provide administrative support to to the Director of Major Gifts, the Director of Principal Gifts, and the Senior Director of Development, including managing calendars, managing correspondence, and other general administrative functions.
- Reconcile business credit card statements as well as expense reports for reimbursements on a monthly basis for approval by Director of Major Gifts and Senior Director of Development.
- Assist Director of Major Gifts with tracking expenditures and provide reports to support the budgeting process.
- Coordinate the timely and proactive processing of acknowledgement letters.
- Schedule, coordinate, and organize departmental meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare meeting notices, agendas, and meeting minutes as needed.
- Coordinate RGA and leadership travel calendar on the Save Them All Campaign Sharepoint intranet calendar.
- Accurately prepare presentations, special reports, memos, spreadsheets, charts, tables, graphs, business plans and other documents as needed in support of departmental activities.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with all staff, divisions, and consultants. Serve in a highly collaborative and supportive role to accomplish key projects through teamwork.
- Stay informed of Sanctuary and outreach programs in order to integrate and promote them through Major Gifts efforts for awareness and revenue generating benefits.
- Maintain a team folder containing current Sanctuary and outreach programs cultivation and stewardship pieces for donors in the form of documents, videos, reports, web stories, photos, etc.
- Maintain and provide RGAs with any electronic materials/information needed for donor meetings.
- Assist with the Manager of Prospect Management with database maintenance.
- Assist with interaction entry and documentation in HERO for RGAs as needed.
- Serve as a database trainer for current and new Major Gifts staff.
- Fulfill donor stewardship requests as needed.
- Maintain professional communications with prospects and donors.
- Ensure confidentiality in all job functions.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Prospect Management for special projects.
Experience / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years previous administrative support experience. High School diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal/external customers, donors, volunteers, and Board Members with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Database experience is required.
- Financial reconciliation experience (preferably in a nonprofit setting) is required.
- Ideal candidate will have development experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient (intermediate to advanced skills) with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Go-to-Meeting, PowerPoint, Excel and Google Mail/Documents.
- Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
- Flexibility and enjoyment of a variety of people and tasks and ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Self-motivated and ability to exercise good judgement supporting protocol.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Access to reliable transportation to travel on organizational business.
- Must be available for occasional early morning, evening and weekend meetings and events, with appropriate notice.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion
Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!