- 505- Landscaping
- Kanab, UT, USA
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food.
Position title: General Landscape Worker
Reports to: Manager, Landscape Department
Location: Kanab, Utah
This is a seasonal position until the end of October.
Position Summary: To assist in the installation and maintenance of the landscaped areas of the sanctuary; to maintain the natural beauty of the undeveloped areas of the sanctuary; and to perform a variety of related tasks.
- Utilize integrated pest management methods to control weeds, insects and other plant pests to minimize damage to desirable vegetation in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Planting and seeds and growing plants.
- Pruning and trimming plants to enhance their natural beauty and maintain them in a healthy condition.
- Participate in a composting program utilizing both plant and animal waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in landscaping or gardening preferred.
- Ability to work alone as well as working as part of a team.
- Sensitivity to environmental issues.
- A positive approach to challenging situations.
- A desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' positions on issues.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work out of doors for prolonged periods in all weather conditions, with temperatures ranging from below freezing to above 100 degrees.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: climbing up and down ladders, lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!