- 755- Social Media
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401k and Staff Discounts.
Position: Social Media Community Manager - Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Manager, Social Content and Communities
Position Summary: Focused on building awareness and engagement for Best Friends by helping to grow and manage Best Friends' online communities; generate local media coverage; and support grassroots efforts in Atlanta. Responsibilities include the creative development and implementation of stand-alone campaigns as well as the support of interdepartmental programs and events for social media, PR and marketing.
- Post, monitor, and day-to-day management of Best Friends' social networks (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, LinkedIN, YouTube, and Pinterest)
- Engage members and potential supporters in positive, thoughtful online conversations about the organization, our campaigns, web stories, events, and videos
- Write and help curate engaging content for sharing among Best Friends' social media spaces
- Work with the Manager, Social Content and Communities and internal departments to develop responses to comments and inquiries on our social networks as well as other required support and content development
- Stay abreast of latest trends in social media, emerging technologies, and nonprofit communications
- Implementation of marketing strategies and policies for Best Friends social media sites
- Work internally across the organization to foster a collaborative culture and an integrated, cohesive social media strategy
- Advocate Best Friends' positions on issues
- Create and execute public relations tactics as assigned to build awareness of Best Friends' lifesaving work in Atlanta and around the United States.
- Write and distribute news releases and other communications, managing the phases of these projects from concept development through final approvals, proofreading, distribution and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local, state and regional media contacts.
- Work collaboratively with the Best Friends'Atlanta Communications Manager to implement local marketing/communications strategies and initiatives
- Support the planning and execution of Best Friends events, including but not limited to, super adoptions, Strut Your Mutt and outreach/tabling opportunities.
- Support Marketing team with execution of grassroots tactics.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager, Social Content and Communities
Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS degree required
- Strong writing skills
- Online marketing or public relations experience required, including three experience with managing web marketing projects
- Experience managing large online communities and the ability to diffuse potential hot button issues
- Experience with social management platforms (Sprout Social, Tweet Deck, etc.), basic HTML, and social media apps preferred
- The ideal candidate would be organized, self motivated, creative, resourceful, professional, upbeat, energetic, collaborative (thrives in a distributed team structure), flexible, and able to take both initiative and direction
- Passionate interest and experience in animal welfare preferred, even in a volunteer capacity (understanding of basic issues within animal welfare required)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Must have proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google programs such as Gmail and Drive).
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging media, and proficiency within social media networks a must. May include, but not limited to:
- Google Plus
- Mobile apps and platforms
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time, including repetitive typing, arm and hand motion
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!