- 303- Benefits
- Kanab, UT, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food
Location: Kanab, Utah
Position Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with HR management. The Human Resources Generalist assists with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. The Human Resources Generalist provides support to the Human Resources Manager and staff to coordinate and maintain all department activities and programs. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, payroll, training, payroll compliance and onboarding.
HR Related Responsibilities (60%):
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Assists with benefits administration, change reporting, researching invoices for payment and communicating benefits/payroll information to employees when necessary.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resources information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Provides payroll processing backup support.
- Administers disability claims.
- Provides benefits administration backup support.
- Complies with all existing governmental reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity(EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of the Payroll and Intranet sites.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys newsletters, employee focus groups, and Intranet use.
Administrative Related Responsibilities (40%):
- Provide excellent customer-service and front-line presence in HR office that is consistent with our positive and friendly culture.
- Greet walk-ins and respond to telephone, mail and e-mail with a customer friendly manner.
- Maintain the HR office appearance and ensure it is a warm and inviting office to prospective candidates and current employees.
- Assist other HR staff, including employee relations, benefits, and recruiting, with paperwork and other administrative needs.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Manage multiple calendars and email inboxes as assigned, schedule meetings, coordinate agendas and logistics, provide technical support, take and provide minutes as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and help organize activities such as travel and miscellaneous department activities and presentations.
- Support cross-divisional communications.
- Assist with planning and providing support for the employee parties and activities (including All Staff Party, Holiday party, etc.).
- Prepare and send all-staff messages as requested by the HR management team.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order as needed.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- The Human Resources Generalist assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Manager. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Skills and Experience:
- Must be personally committed to the Mission and Core Values of the Best Friends Animal Society. (http://bestfriends.org/about-best-friends/our-mission)
- High school diploma required, some college preferred. Knowledge of HR a plus.
- At least 3-years previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have high level of integrity and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and highly confidential situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic.
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities without immediate supervision.
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and appropriate customer-service approach.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Experience in the administration of benefits
- Above average technical skills in using the Internet and a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software, such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GoToMeeting, and Google. Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
- Must be a willing learner with a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Good vision; ability to see and sort a variety of printed and on-line information.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. and walk and stand to support department/organizational events.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!