- 301- Accounting
- Kanab, UT, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, Staff Discounts, Best Friends Wellness Center, and Flex Work Policy. Further, we also have some very unique perks, such as discounted veterinary care and the opportunity to bring pets to work. Our onsite cafeteria serves healthy vegetarian food.
Position Summary: The Accounting Clerk supports the Accounts Payable and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department.
- Involvement with the A/P process through the entry of Invoices, filing and various other tasks.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts including receivables, prepaid expenses, and inventory.
- Assist other members of the Accounting Department with administrative tasks including:
- Maintenance of invoice and vendor documentation files.
- Processing of A/P checks.
- Departmental mail delivery.
Skills and Experience:
- Some level of understanding of the accounting process as it relates to non-profit organizations.
- Proficiency in the understanding and use of personal computers, including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word) and 10-key adding machine or calculator skills is required.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this position would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat and energetic, take initiative and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Valid Driver's License with access to transportation to drive on organization business.
- Extended periods of time working at a computer with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Note: Due to the nature of this position, candidates may be subject to a credit evaluation.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!