- 550- Los Angeles Admin
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement, Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401k and Staff Discounts
Location: Los Angeles, California
Position Summary: Provide high-level administrative support, conduct research, prepare statistical and financial reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings and performing meeting note taking for distribution. as well when assigned and is required to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for obtaining, tracking, accurately entering Best Friends Center and Regional data into BFAS google documents and auditing "noses in" and "noses out" and spay and neuter statistics from the two Best Friends LA centers and for Best Friends regional work.
- Provide administrative support for Best Friends including but not limited to:
- Transcribing meeting notes for all assigned BFLA meetings and distribute said notes to appropriate parties
- Providing back-up for weekly outcome report to LA Animal Services due every Monday for the week prior as well as licensing submittal to LAAS for licenses sold from BFLA centers
- Organization of Monthly Natural Balance food order and delivery for both LA centers to then be emailed the 1st of every month to Natural Balance representative and delivery date scheduled and communicated to BFLA team
- Project Management
- Communicating with Best Friends National Wing as directed on behalf of the LA program
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents as assigned by HR Administrator or Regional Director
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors and external clients
- Point person for animal sheltering online database for database issues, updates, etc
- Co-ordinate project-based work as assigned by HR Administrator and/or Regional Director
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Support HR Admin/Finance in the following areas:
- Daily cash reconciliations, maintaining deposit spreadsheets, preparing deposit tickets, banking and accounts.
- Prepare revenue reports, credit card reconciliations, expense reports and check requests.
- Enter donations and provide information to Development team
- Act as Safety Captain, tracking and analysis of injury and incident statistics, lead and record safety committee meetings. Research, develop and present monthly safety topics.
- Workers compensation claims, collect injury reports, workers comp reports/acknowledgements and bite reports.
- Coordinate recruiting phone screenings, interviews and video conference calls with applicants and assist with reference checks and onboarding.
- Assist in submitting tickets with the help desk for Personnel Action Forms (PAF), Position Requisition Forms (PFR), Staff Technical Action Requisition Forms (STAR) and IT requests.
- Assist in submitting maintenance requests to the City, scheduling service technicians and janitorial.
- Other duties as assigned by Human Resources Administrator.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, creating spreadsheets and google docs, managing files and records, database programs, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of human resources general practices or ability to gain this knowledge in a quick manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, personable, professional, upbeat, and energetic. Someone who takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy and is able to work independently.
- This job requires all of the following key competencies:
- Candidate must be detailed orientated
- Organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Judgment and decision-making
- Team member
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of animal welfare software such as PetPoint is preferred; ability to quickly gain proficiency in shelter software is required
- Proven ability to promote a positive work environment
- Work with customers, staff and general public in a professional & positive manner
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Basic understanding of and interest in statistics
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends Animal Society position on issues
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel for organization business
- Bachelor's degree in applied field preferred
Physical and Job Requirements:
- Work at a computer for extended periods of time to include repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, etc...
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: may include some weekend, night and holiday work.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!